The Korea Society seeks Korean/English speaking Event Coordinator. The position will provide support to the programs and/or Development Officer where applicable with operational activities in fundraising special events, vendor oversight of all program events for supplies. The coordinator will also support work in other activities of the Society on an as-needed basis.
This role requires an enthusiastic, proactive individual, an outstanding communicator with the ability to deliver organization, collaboration, leadership, and teamwork.
Special Fundraising Event Program
- Oversee the full cycle of special fund raising events (including annual fundraising special dinner, annual golf tournament, and Seoul dinner as well as corporate forums and occasional private events including Annual Membership Party);
- Manage events from inception: planning, booking, manipulating, and collaborating with donors and sponsors;
- Research partnership opportunities with other institutions and groups
- Ensure that operational expenditure is managed within agreed budgets and identify efficiencies;
- Lead the evaluation and feedback process post-event and create a plan to implement changes and improvements;
- Manage membership list including donors, sponsors and individual members and prepare reporting;
- Prepare budget spend report;
- Communicate proactively, accurately and impeccably both verbally and in writing
- Contribute to major contribution history and records, confirm payments, and send out thank you letters;
- Perform various administrative tasks to support departmentsEnsure compliance with reporting requirements of corporate donors
- Prepare fundraising and membership reports for board meetings
- Write online contents for department's events
Young Professional Networking Programming
- Research current cultural trends, identifying potential program topics and speakers that could fit our young professional audience.
- Provide staffing support at programs.
Individual Giving and Membership
- Update and maintain membership database records
- Assist with membership renewals, including printing and mailing acknowledgements.
- Assist in the inventory tracking of onsite membership materials, including brochures and temporary cards, etc.
All Other Program Events
- Support all other program events with venue selection and food ordering within each program’s budget.
- Coordinate all interns needed for each program event for registration support
- Fluency in Korean and English language
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in office productivity software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks, prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM application preferred
- Position requires working occasional nights and weekends for events
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- 10 vacation days per calendar year for the first two years of service
- 10 sick days per calendar year
- 4 personal days per calendar year.
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision
- 403 (b) retirement plan.
About the Korea Society:
THE KOREA SOCIETY is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) organization with individual and corporate members that is dedicated solely to the promotion of greater awareness, understanding, and cooperation between the people of the United States and Korea. In pursuit of its mission, the Society arranges programs that facilitate discussion, exchanges and research on topics of vital interest to both countries in the areas of public policy, business, education, intercultural relations and the arts. Funding for these programs is derived from contributions, endowments, grants, membership dues and program fees. From its base in New York City, the Society serves audiences across the country through its own outreach efforts and by forging strategic alliances with counterpart organizations in other cities throughout the United States as well as in Korea.